Thursday, October 6, 2011

Books to movies



Curious which of your favorite YA books might become movies soon?  Here's the low down on what I've heard:

  • A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb is reportedly being worked on by the same studio that brought you Twilight.  The book is about a ghost, Helen, who has been haunting people for 130 years when she meets a teenage boy who can see her.  Breaking Dawn: Part 1 will be in theaters next month, by the way.
  • Everyone knows about this one already I think, but I'm so excited about it, I'll say it here again.  Hunger Games! March 23 2012!  Mark your calendars!
  • Another dystopian movie?  You bet.  The Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness is next up to get the big screen treatment.  The first book in the series is The Knife of Never Letting Go and centers around the people of Earth colonizing a distant planet, which is already inhabited by a race of aliens.
  • I think pretty much everyone I know reads this book in school, and its finally coming to movie screens.  Keep an eye out for trailers for Lois Lowry's The Giver!
  • Cassandra Clare's novels are popular, especially her Mortal Instruments series, coming to a theater soon near you!  Lead actors are Jaime Campbell Bower and Lily Collins.
  • I am SO excited for this one... I love the book and I love the actress!  The book is The Perks of Being a Wallflower and playing one of the characters... Emma Watson!  Hermione herself!  I can't wait to see how she does in other roles, though I will always be expecting her to start waving her wand and casting spells.
  • I hadn't heard of this one, but it sounds cute: Geek Charming by Robin Palmer has been made into a movie by the Disney Channel and will premier on Friday, November 11th.
  • I read and liked Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl, and apparently that is being made into a movie too!
  • A favorite of mine, Wings by Aprilynne Pike, has been optioned by Disney.  That doesn't mean its being filmed yet, but Disney has bought the option of making it.  Oh, and Miley Cyrus is supposedly going to be the star!
Well these are all I could dig up for now.  I'll let you know if I find out about any others!

No comments:

Post a Comment