Monday, June 11, 2012

Movie (TV!) Monday: The Selection

Ok, so this week's Movie Monday isn't about a movie at all.  OH NO!  It is about a YA book that will be made into a TV SHOW!  YES!  I love Vampire Diaries and I am thrilled to see another book I like alot become a TV show.

The Selection only came out a few weeks ago (April, I think) but it was already being discussed as a TV show then.  Here's a bit about the book.

The Selection by Kiera Cass
Sixteen-year-old America Singer is living in the caste-divided nation of Illea, which formed after the war that destroyed the United States. America is chosen to compete in the Selection--a contest to see which girl can win the heart of Illea's prince--but all she really wants is a chance for a future with her secret love, Aspen, who is a caste below her.

Ok so this book is like The Hunger Games combined with The Bachelor!  And it's going to be a TV show.  I am really excited about this.  I read this book the day after it came out and I loved it.  I do think America is a lame name for the main character, but I liked alot of the other stuff in the book.  (I am totally on Team Maxon)  So anyway, this will be a TV show on the CW (same channel as VD!) THIS FALL!  
So let's see who's going to be in this show, alright?  The most important characters are America, Aspen, and Prince Maxon.

Character: America Singer
Actress: Aimee Teegarden
What you know her from: Prom, Scream 4, Friday Night Lights

Character: Aspen Leger
Actor: William Moseley
What you know him from: Chronicles of Narnia (Peter!)

Character: Prince Maxon
Actor: Ethan Peck
What you know him from: In Time, Sorcerer's Apprentice, 10 Things I Hate About You (tv show)

So have you read the book yet? (READ IT!)  What do you think of the casting?  I like America and Aspen alot, and though I think Ethan is a good personality fit for Maxon, I could have gone for a bit more of the hotness factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment