Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Miss Gardiner's Top 10 Christmas Movie picks at Durham Public Library

So.  Tis the season to watch Christmas movies!  Here are my top 10 Christmas movies you should watch from our DVD collection~   (in no particular order!)

1.  A Christmas Carol - One of the best Christmas stories of all time, in my opinion!  I have seen A Christmas Carol performed many times and seen all three of these versions of the movie.  My favorite is the Muppet Christmas Carol!

2.  RUDOLPH!  It can NOT be Christmas without me seeing this movie at least once.  I love it.  I sing the songs, I know half the lines, and I. Just. Adore. It.

3.  A Christmas Story.  Classic.

4. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I don't care how many times I've seen it, I still laugh my butt off every time. 

5. Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.  Not the Jim Carey one.  That one is just ok.  This one is classic and awesome.

6. Elf.  A more recent addition to the list, but well worth watching.

7.  Home Alone.  It's easy to forget that this is a Christmas movie, but it is, and its a good one.

8.  The Polar Express.  A wonderful book that was made into a wonderful movie.

9.  The Santa Clause.  Santa doesn't live forever...we just get a new one every once in a while.  How will Tim Allen do as Santa? 

10.  The Nightmare Before Christmas.  I have a hard time deciding if this is a Halloween movie or a Christmas movies...so I just watch it for both :)


What's your favorite Christmas movie?










No comments:

Post a Comment