Monday, February 4, 2013

Books I read while on vacation in sunny Florida!

Hey guys and gals, I'm back from Florida.  It was fantastic...sunny and warm.  Now I am back and freeeezing.  Anyway, while I was on vacation I read 5 books.  Here they are...

Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter
Alice Bell must learn to fight the undead to avenge her family and learn to trust Cole Holland who has secrets of his own.
My rating: 8/10

A Long Long Sleep by Anna Sheehan
Sixteen-year-old Rosalinda Fitzroy, heir to the multiplanetary corporation UniCorp, is awakened after sixty years in stasis to find that everyone she knew has died and as she tries to make a new life for herself, learns she is the target of a robot assassin.
My rating: 9/10

Eve by Anna Carey
In 2032, sixteen years after a deadly virus has wiped out most of the earth's population, Eve discovers the terrible fate that awaits students when they graduate from their all-girls school, and she sets off on a treacherous journey into the wilds of The New America, searching for a place where she can survive.
My rating: 7/10

Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
Seventeen-year-old Ember Miller has perfected the art of keeping a low profile in a future society in which Moral Statutes have replaced the Bill of Rights and offenses carry stiff penalties, but when Chase, the only boy she has ever loved, arrests her rebellious mother, Ember must take action.
My rating: 6/10

Monument 14 by Emma Laybourne
Six high school kids (some popular, some not), two eighth graders (one a tech genius), and six little kids trapped together in a chain superstore build a refuge for themselves inside. While outside, a series of escalating disasters, beginning with a monster hailstorm and ending with a chemical weapons spill, seems to be tearing the world--as they know it--apart.
My rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment