It's Sir William Golding's birthday! You will probably recognize his most famous work, The Lord of the Flies. We have two copies in YA, one in adult fiction, the audiobook in YA, the 1999 movie version, and the digital audiobook and ebook are available from Overdrive!
- Notice the "Sir?" He was knighted post humorously (after death, he died in 1993) in 2008
- He attended Oxford University in 1930 and started out studying natural science before switching to English literature
- He married a chemist and had two children
- He joined the Royal Navy in 1940 and fought in World War II
- Lord of the Flies was published in 1954, it was his first novel
- His daughter, Judy Golding, is also an author, though her work is not well known in the States