Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Here Come the New Books for May 2016! (part 9)

The Way I Used to Be by Amber Smith
Contemporary Fiction
After fourteen-year-old Eden is raped by her brother's best friend, she knows she'll never be the way she used to be.

When We Collided by Emery Lord
Contemporary Fiction 
Can seventeen-year-old Jonah save his family restaurant from ruin, his mother from her sadness, and his danger-seeking girlfriend Vivi from herself?

Worlds of Ink and Shadow by Lena Coakley
Paranormal 
Living an isolated life in their strict father's parsonage out on the English moors, the Brontë siblings have always been inseparable, their vivid imaginations actually transporting them into their created worlds: the glittering Verdopolis and the romantic and melancholy Gonday, but when Branwell begins to slip into madness and the sisters feel their real lives slipping away, they must weigh the cost of their powerful imaginations, even as their characters--the brooding Rogue and dashing Duke of Zamorna--refuse to let them go.

Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige
Fantasy 
In this third book in the New York Times bestselling Dorothy Must Die series, new girl from Kansas Amy Gumm is caught between her home--and Oz. My name is Amy Gumm. Tornadoes must have a thing about girls from Kansas, because--just like Dorothy--I got swept away on one too. I landed in Oz, where Good is Wicked, Wicked is Good, and the Wicked Witches clued me in to my true calling: Assassin. The way to stop Dorothy from destroying Oz--and Kansas--is to kill her. And I'm the only one who can do it. But I failed. Others died for my mistakes. Because of me, the portal between the worlds has been opened. And if I don't find a way to close it? Dorothy will make sure I never get to go home again. Now it's up to me to: join the Witches, fight for Oz, save Kansas, and stop Dorothy once and for all.


No comments:

Post a Comment