- Did you like the book?
- Which of the two sisters did you relate to more? Why?
- What was your favorite moment in the story?
- This book was set in the modern day. Did it feel like it was to you? Why or why not?
- How did you like the way the traditional elements from the fairy tale were worked into the story? How many did you spot?
- When did you begin to suspect that Silas was the potential?
- Was there anything about the book that you didn't like?
- Did you like the ending? Was it how you thought it would end?
- What are some other fairy tales that you would like to see retold as YA novels?
- What do you think of these alternative covers? Which is your favorite?
Then we moved on to our ratings and thoughts~
Clare gave it a 9.5/10 - It has great aspects of action and romance in a cool spin off of a fairy tale.
Melanie gave it a 10/10! - Definitely a book i would read more than once!
Catherine gave it a 9.5/10 - Really expresses well the bond of sisters.
Miss G gave it a 9/10 - I love retold fairy tales, but I kept imagining them running around in red riding hood cloaks, which I thought was weird for modern day. But otherwise I loved it!
Alrighty, so Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce gets a 9.5 from the Durham Public Library Teen Book Club! Very high praise - we loved it!
Grab a copy of July's book and we'll meet on Wednesday July 25th at 7 to discuss it and have snacks. Hope to see you then!
July's TBC Book:
|Rory, of Boueuxlieu, Louisiana, is spending a year at a London boarding school when she witnesses a murder by a Jack the Ripper copycat and becomes involved with the very unusual investigation.|